We have been assisting international clients find qualified Canadian marine personnel since 1987. Heather Hathorn has been involved in the placement of marine personnel since 1979. Our client base is international and our reputation for providing well trained and experienced personnel is well known. We are able to provide officers and crew for both merchant and passenger ships.
- Canadian deck officers and engineers for North American and International shipping firms and ship managers. All our officers hold Certificates of Competency with STCW endorsements.
- Cruise Ship Support personnel (for all departments) including photographers, cruise and boutique/retail sales, hotel and catering staff, and youth activity staff.
We recruit our candidates from all across Canada, the U.S., Europe and Asia and we currently have more than 5000 candidates on file. They have extensive experience aboard a variety of vessels, including:
- Passenger ships
- Container ships
Our client activity includes such firms as:
- Cunard Cruise Line
- Holland America
- Princess Cruise Line
- V Ships
Youth Activity Staff
Our seasonal youth staff receive full orientation in our office and are qualified teachers, nurses and recreational professionals with at least two years experience. Our Youth Security staff have experience in security and/or working with teens and youth in group settings. All our youth workers have criminal record checks, first aid, CPR and Transport Canada Medical Certificates.
Our involvement in the marine industry has meant our participation in many industry activities such as:
- Pacific Marine Training Campus Advancement Committee — Advisor
- Pacific Marine Training Campus — Nautical Program Advisor
- Pacific Marine Campus Marine Engineering Program Advisor
- Pacific Marine Training Campus — Cadet Programme Advisor
- Nautical Institute — Member
- Nautical Professional Education Society of Canada — Director
- BC Chamber of Shipping — Member
- Canadian Marine Advisory Council — Member
- BC Nautical Sectoral Standing Committee — Advisor
- BC Cruise Industry Association — Director
- Vancouver Maritime Museum — Trustee 1995 – 1999